<$BlogMetaData>

Monday, November 05, 2007

NaKniSweMo


NaKniSweMo (National Knit A Sweater in the Month of November) has officially begun and this year, thanks to the group at Ravelry, I've decided to join in the challenge. Yesterday I cast on the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I love that it's knit in the round; it's a great knitting group or movie watching pattern. I started a few days late, but that's because I obsessed over my gauge. While the pattern calls for a worsted weight yarn, I'm using Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in a pretty periwinkle shade. I love the color and the texture of the yarn and wanted a light pullover wearable in fall, winter or spring. I'm so nervous about sizing and fit given my gauge, but I think it will come out alright. Wish me luck!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Reb said...

Hi, Kessa. If you're worried about fit, I'd suggest knitting this sweater from the top down in one piece. That way you can try it on as you go and change the depth of the armholes or placement of the waist shaping to suit your figure. Just my two cents! If you need some help with that, feel free to email me.

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home