<$BlogMetaData>

Thursday, January 18, 2007

One Sock Down, One to Go!

Ready for a knitting update? Over the holidays I ploughed away at my first sock, the Garter Rib sock from Sensational Knitted Socks. I got through the heel with just some minor snags and started the foot:


Not as bad as I thought it would be. Yesterday I finished the foot and did my toe decreases, but got stuck at the dreaded kitchener stitch. I pulled out my reference books and tried to figure out how to do it, but was a little intimidated and distracted, so I put it away. After Stitch n Bitch last night, I was encouraged and focused to finish that sock. I came home looked at a video of the stitch and jumped in. The result?


Voila! One whole finished sock! Now, on to the next one. Unfortunately, I've already come down with some symptoms of Second Sock Syndrome and this is just my first pair of socks! I'm so eager to have a pair done (and move on to my next sock project) that I'm determined to finish that second sock. I plan to cast on tonight and I'll be working on it this weekend as I travel to North Carolina for a fellowship interview. Wish me luck!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

beautiful!

I highly recommend either having a deadline, or knitting the 2 socks at the same time to avoid SSS

6:57 PM  
Blogger sarah lou said...

that is gorgeous! i'm not all about the socks, but that is just too fun! what yarn is that?

-sarah lou from get stitchy!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home