<$BlogMetaData>

Friday, April 27, 2007

Long time, no blog!

I can't believe it's been about 2 months since my last post. I've been so busy I just haven't had time to blog. I spent March suffering through the medicine ICU and call every third night. Bleh! I basically worked, slept, then worked some more. This month I've been busy with more interviews for fellowship and taking call on the pediatrics wards (I'm actually on call right now). Thankfully, I have time for some knitting. I've had a chance to finish some projects I started way back in February and cast-on some new projects I've been really wanting to knit. Ready for some finished objects?

Anthropologie Inspired capelet 2 Anthropologie capelet back

Anthropologie Inspired Capelet
Pattern: Peony Knits
Yarn: Rowan Polar #646 Silver Lining
Needles: Boye Needlemaster Interchangeables size 11
Date Started: March 12, 2007
Date Completed April 22, 2007

This was super easy and the first garment I've knitted that I actually like. This was also my first time using the Boye needles and honestly, I can't stand them. I think that's one of the reasons it took me so long to finish this project. These needles were so uncomfortable and hard for me to work with; they actually hurt my wrist. Good thing I didn't pay a lot for them or I'd be so disappointed. I'm sticking with my Denise's and I just got the Options from Knitpicks which I love! I'll see if someone at my knitting group wants to give these a try.


Yarnplay Clutch

Clutched
Pattern: Yarnplay by Lisa Shobhana Mason
Yarn: Peace Fleece Siberian Midnight colorway
Needles: Bamboo straights
Date Started: Feb 7, 2007
Date Completed: Feb 19, 2007

This color wasn't what I expected at first, but I liked it for once I started working with it. This was another pretty quick project to knit. It's knit with 2 strands of yarn held together, but I still felt that the fabric wasn't that stiff and it was a little floppier than what I wanted. I added lining and a stabilizer I found for fabric bags at my local fabric store and now it's perfect. I love the buttons! Cute, right?
Clutch button

I'll probably make another one (or two) of these in a brighter color. I can think of a couple of friends who'd love one.

Ugh, my pager's going off now so it's back to stomping out disease!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bufanditas said...

Your FO's look great!! Those flower buttons are adorable and your capelet looks so warm and cozy.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Great job on your FOs. I made my Sister that capelet since she's the size they listed, but have been a bit nervous to admit it to my size. It really fits well!

SD & her blog

11:44 AM  
Blogger urbanknitrix said...

That is so cute, I did the other shrug by her and am now thinking about doing this one. It really looks great on you and i WUV the clutch!!

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home