<$BlogMetaData>

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Cables, Cables, Everywhere

I started the Irish Hiking Scarf, my first cable project almost a year ago. Cables seemed so intimidating at first, but I caught on pretty quickly with this project. As the weather warmed I just wasn't as motivated to finish it. I worked on it during slow call nights and even on a 4 hour drive to a wedding in the spring. But it still isn't finished. I don’t know why it’s taking me so long to complete this scarf, but I’m only about half way done. To motivate myself to finish, I joined the Fall Cable KAL. I’m really hoping to finish this scarf soon for several reasons:

1. It’s only really cold enough for a scarf here in New Orleans for maybe 2-3 months and if I don't hurry I may miss my only opportunity to actually wear this scarf

2. I promised myself I wouldn't start another cabled project until I finished this one. Next in line is a cute Margaret Nicole knockoff

3. I ultimately want to make a sexy cool, stylishly warm cabled sweater like Starsky. If a scarf is taking me this long, I better get started on a cabled sweater now and just maybe it’ll be done by Winter ’08!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

That's a beautiful scarf - I love the colour!

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home