<$BlogMetaData>

Monday, December 03, 2007

[Insert witty title here]

Wow, I can't believe it's December already! Where has the time gone? Weather wise, it's finally starting to get cold...well cold for New Orleans. A visitor from Chicago I met a few days ago thought it was pretty humid here for December. Guess she's never been to the deep South in August. I'm happy to see the "cold weather" and have pulled out some handmade scarves to wear.

The weather has also inspired me to knit a sweater. I cast on for the Hourglass sweater last month for NaKniSweMo. I was sure I could complete this sweater in a month. But, I changed my mind about this project a good 10 million times. There were so many things I didn't like: I loved the yarn that I initially chose (Elsebeth Lavold silky wool), but didn't like the way it knit up. I couldn't get gauge. I didn't like working with the needles I cast on with and on and on. One day while browsing in the Quarter, I wandered into a LYS, the Quarter Stitch and fell head over heels for some luscious Malabrigo in pagoda.


I know it's crazy to knit a pure wool sweater when I live in New Orleans, but the softness of the yarn and the absolutely gorgeous color drew me in. I'm loving the way this is knitting up and I absolutely love working on it.


So, I didn't meet my NaKniSweMo deadline, but now I've got a project I'm really enjoying. I'm hoping to have it done in time to wear for Christmas.

I've also cast on my second pair of socks:


Jaywalkers in Socks That Rock colorway Lapis. Love the various shades of blue, green and purple. I'm making pretty fast progress (well, fast for me!) and will be turning the heel soon.

And, I'm also still working on Flair. Right now I'm on the sleeves and still have to add the collar. I love this cardigan and can't wait to wear it, but the sleeves are taking me FOREVER! I'm not sure why since they're knit in the round and not complicated at all. But for whatever reason, I still keep putting it down. Guess I'm too distracted by my other projects. I'm vowing to get Flair done and off my needles!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Marisol said...

Very very pretty! I love all the blue tones with a little hint of green:) Can you believe that I have yet to make a pair of jaywalkers:)

Love these!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Phyllis T. of Knitgirlll06 said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I love your Jaywalkers and how can I be the 2nd person that still has yet to make them. :0)

4:34 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Wow, that Malabrigo color IS GORGEOUS!

5:56 PM  
Blogger sturdygirl said...

pretty sweater and sock colors! also, i have been to the quarter stitch! i have only been to N.O. once, on business, but was lucky enough to get down there. great store. i hope you finish your beautiful sweater in time for Christmas!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home